January 1, 2005

2005.

It's always exciting to write the new year number for the first time in the new year. I'm going to declare it propitious that the number is divisible by 5. I like the look of the new number. It is particularly solid and balanced. We've had the two zeroes in the center for a while, but the 5 offsets the 2 particularly well, because 5 closely resembles an inverted, backwards 2. So, 2005 is an especially stable, secure looking number, a number that inspires hope for a world that is more stable and secure, both politically and seismically. If you are reading this, you have made it to the new year, and that, in itself, is a good sign. May we all find something worthy to do with this additional time on earth we are so blessed to have received.

UPDATE: Actually, the backwards similarity of 2 and 5 makes the number 2005 almost looks right in a mirror: I predict that in this year we will come to see ourselves more clearly.

1 comment:

Matt Brown said...

So what do you think, as we near the end of 2005? Have we "come to see ourselves more clearly"? Have you?

I must confess that I have - I've made decisions as to what I want to do (and consequently, don't want to do) for the rest of my life. For that, I feel very refreshed and ready to see what 2006 will bring.

Strange that nearly a year has gone by, and yet I'm the first one to comment on this post.