April 27, 2006

At the Bloggership conference.

Well, here I am at the Cambridge Hyatt, where, from your room, you hear some guy playing schmaltzy music on a grand piano that is located somewhere in the grand atrium. You know, there was a time when Hyatt atria were seen as quite wonderful. It was decades ago.

So we bloggers had a nice dinner at the Harvard Faculty Club, courtesy of Microsoft. Microsoft provided some excellent food for us humble bloggers. I met a bunch of famous bloggers, some of whom defied my mental image, like Orin Kerr -- because I always just pictured him looking like the only other person I've ever met in my life named Orin (who was an old man with a big head of white hair). Silly, but that's how the mind works, isn't it?

And now it's time to meet the public, in the Zephyr Lounge.

9 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Were you thinking of Orrin Helstad? He always reminded me of Roy Orbison gone gray.

Humble bloggers? Heh.

jeremy said...

I just jogged by the Hyatt. I didn't know you were in town.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Is Sippican there? If not, I'm giving him a wedgie.

Unknown said...

I hope the food was at least as good as the dinner for China's president!

Anonymous said...

Do make sure you ask Orin about the wireless wiretapping!

Tonya said...

Have fun. And if there's time, don't miss the opportunity to go shopping in Harvard Square. There are a couple of great jewelry stores there where you can find nice earrings.

If you see Jeremy, say hi for me.

Ann Althouse said...

Hi, Jeremy. I'm just here for a little conference. You can come to the Ames Courtroom today. I'm not up until 3:45. Here's the agenda.

Hi, Tonya. Yeah, I'm going to get some shopping in at some point.

MadisonMan said...

Putting a lot of bloggers in a lounge named after a wind. I'm glad someone there has a sense of humor!

Ann Althouse said...

And Sippican did show up at the Zephyr room last night! That was pretty cool.