August 15, 2006

It was almost a theme day...

... here on the blog, what with those last two posts about or partly about coined verbs. If I could revise titles -- you know there are blog rules, don't you? -- I would retitle that first post "Boy Georging."

Your Honor, I think you can see the importance of not Boy Georging my client.

Speaking of language, did you notice the way the Boy George article ended:
Later the exhausted star, who was supervised by a uniformed guard, paused for a fag break.

He said: “I am now going to go and have sex with the guard.”
He had a "fag break" and then he had sex with the guard. The British... they're an endless source of amusement, aren't they?

4 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Hey, quit bogarting that cigarette.

Althousing the theme.

KCFleming said...

Given the Boy's recurrent troubles, maybe he should have been Martha Stewarted.

I don't think being "Ken Layed" is gonna work though as a descriptor. Except, you know, for Boy George.

RodW said...

Years ago Whitney Huston burbled that she had more number one records than the Beatles. Boy George stood up for truth and justice, calling her an "ignorant cow".

For this I will always wish him well.

Joe G said...

Schiavo'ed (take that either way)

Borked

Blachmaned (outed in the NY Times as a formerly anonymous blogger)

Dooced (duh)

etc.