May 13, 2011

RELOCATED FROM ALTHOUSE2: "I was delighted when I first saw one in my yard, but when you have a flock of 300, it’s a different matter."

"They eat all the berries. They ate all the food from my feeder in one day; it was ludicrous. I had to stop putting it out because it got too expensive."

Parakeets are ruining London!

COMMENTS (Relocated):

Almost Ali said...
I won't believe I'm in Wisconsin until I see some evidence of the flora or fauna.

MAY 13, 2011 3:19:00 PM CDT
Jason (the commenter) said...
At least they're pretty.

MAY 13, 2011 4:09:00 PM CDT
Sixty Grit said...
Budgies are better looking and less destructive than the muzzies that are actually overrunning the place.

MAY 13, 2011 5:00:00 PM CDT
andinista said...
Turnabout is fair play. Serves those Brits right, for bringing starlings to the U.S.A. Wait till they see giant flocks of Australian budgies that blot out the sun.

MAY 13, 2011 5:02:00 PM CDT
exhelodrvr1 said...
This post has been removed by the author.
MAY 13, 2011 5:39:00 PM CDT
exhelodrvr1 said...
We have a similar issue with wild parrots. They love ripe figs; so when the figs on our tree are ripe, we'll get 30-40 parrots in the yard eating the figs. Pretty cool the first day, but 40 parrots in your yard at 5 AM gets old very quickly.

MAY 13, 2011 5:40:00 PM CDT
John Burgess said...
You know, I can't find a single damn recipe for parakeets!

MAY 13, 2011 5:47:00 PM CDT
edutcher said...
And the Moslems think dogs are unclean.

MAY 13, 2011 5:49:00 PM CDT
Coketown said...
Yeah. Blame it on the parakeets. As if the general trajectory of London hasn't been a downward spiral for thirty years.

Even the punkers are like, "Oy, this shite is too trashy even for me."

Oh, and parakeets are mean and they shriek and I don't like them at all. Why couldn't the place get infested with caiques? Those are the friendlies birds I've ever come into contact with! AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY'RE WEARING COLORED TROUSERS!!!

MAY 13, 2011 6:25:00 PM CDT
Robert said...
The parakeets in Den Haag in Holland roost in the warm air of the outlets of air conditioning systems. I wonder if the same effect is seen in London. They certainly haven't come out as far as here (some 20 miles from London).

MAY 13, 2011 6:58:00 PM CDT

No comments: